Sports Injury Chiropractor
A sports injury can affect any athlete at any time. When you're struggling with pain, weakness, joint instability, or another symptom of an athletic injury, get the help you need to heal and return to your sport as soon as possible. Denise Primavera, DC DACNB and Betsy Giuglianotti, DC, trusted Telford, PA, chiropractors, are here to help you excel in the active lifestyle you love!
Risk Factors for Sports Injury
Any type of physical activity comes with at least some risk of injury. Injuries might be more common in certain sports, like running or other high impact activities. Additional risk factors for athletic injury to be aware of include:
- Overtraining or pushing too far beyond one's current skill level
- Poor sleep and nutrition (poor recovery)
- Prior injuries that either didn't fully heal or resulted in areas with excessive scar tissue, joint stiffness, etc.
- Muscle imbalances
- Poor technique
- Environmental factors (e.g., equipment, running surface, footwear, weather)
- Accidents during competition or training
Warning Signs and Symptoms of Sports Injury
Common sports injuries include muscle strains, ligament sprains, joint pain and dislocation, concussions and whiplash, and bruises or other types of soft tissue trauma. While playing a sport or participating in any form of physical activity, be sure to watch for signs and symptoms of injury, such as:
- Pain, either sudden or gradual
- Joint stiffness or reduced range of motion
- Decreased strength or power of the muscles in the affected area
- Swelling and redness
- Audible or felt sensations such as a pop or crack
Sports Injury Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Telford: What to Expect
Did you know chiropractic care is beneficial for athletes of all ages and abilities? Using an individually-tailored approach, Drs. Primavera and Giuglianotti can offer sports injury treatment that will ease symptoms naturally and restore optimal health, alignment, strength, mobility, and function for the injured athlete.
Some of our most effective services for athletic injury include:
- Chiropractic adjustments to optimize nervous system function and spinal alignment
- Functional posture and movement analysis to identify and correct underlying imbalances
- Massage therapy to ease tension, break up painful tissue adhesions, and promote circulation
- Corrective exercises to rebuild strength, stamina, coordination, and overall movement efficiency
- Nutritional counseling to support healing and cellular repair at every stage of recovery
Not only will these services help you heal from an injury, but they can also help you avoid future injuries, as well.
Get Back in the Game with Help from Chiropractic Care
Athletic injuries can have a wide-ranging impact on your quality of life. If you're looking for natural sports injury treatment in Telford, PA, call (215) 723-7900 today to schedule a consultation with Denise Primavera, DC DACNB and Betsy Giuglianotti, DC.